This little project was created for my daughter, who rarely likes to throw things away and thinks most anything can be a treasure.
The Laughing Cow Cheese Box.... Upcycled with a Lot of Sparkle
For this project we used:
- one empty laughing cow cheese box
- assorted tissue paper
- Mod Podge
- assorted acrylic craft paint
- hot glue
- "various treasures"
Step 1: paint the box with your choice of acrylic paint, we used 2 coats of pink
Step 2: After paint is dry, apply a layer of Mod Podge, decoupage medium
Step 3: Choose your tissue paper and place it directly over the piece you just painted with ModPodge; gently smooth out the tissue paper with more slightly watered down ModPodge careful not to scrub or tear the tissue paper; gently adhere the paper to the sides of the box all the way around and continue to "pounce" the damp brush at the edges (this will remove the excess tissue paper while sealing the edges around the box)
Step 4: While the glue is still damp you can use a soft bristle brush to pick up glitter and lightly dust or sprinkle it all over the box.
Step 5: Rummage through various "treasures", buttons, beads, findings, flowers, embellishments, etc. and hot glue them to the lid of your box as a final touch.
These little boxes are super easy to decorate and the styles you can create are endless!
There are also many things you could repurpose your Laughing Cow Cheese Boxes for:
- put a set of coasters inside (better yet, create your own to go with the box)
- use it to keep all your little "treasures" for future projects
- make a little emergency sewing kit to go inside
- create a kids art box with colors and a stack of circle papers to draw on
- paint a tic-tac-toe board on the inside and make little x's & o's for a travel game
Do you have any other ideas for the "Laughing Cow Cheese Box Upcycle Project"?