Dry Erase Board DIY


New Years Resolutions recently got me to thinking that I need a special place to keep track of my goals and accomplishments for the upcoming year.

I also wanted a little something more than my usual check list on notebook paper or sticky notes.

So I found this framed print that my mom was getting rid of and got to work re-purposing it.


I took the print out of the frame and took the frame outside to spray paint it black.
While that was drying, I rummaged through my scrapbook papers to choose the pieces I wanted for my background.
The print was on a piece of cardboard so I turned it over and used the back side to paste my selected pieces of scrapbook paper. I trimmed off any excess around the edges.
Then I added a decorative cardstock label to the top and carefully hotglued a piece of vintage black and gold ric rac for some added texture and a smidge of sparkle.
 I did some antiquing to the edges of the paper by drybrushing some brown/black acrylic paint.

Finally, I cleaned the glass and put it all back together. I glued on a small section of plastic tubing to hold my dry erase marker on the side of the frame.
 Other embellishments: bows, ribbon, flowers, beads, etc could also be glued to the frame for fun.

Have fun creating your own dry erase board.  And if you would like to share your results I'd love to see!